Aqua Shield™ is a factory-coated soft copper tubing used for potable water lines in plumbing applications. It is available in blue for cold water and red for hot. Aqua Shield provides added corrosion protection and eliminates the need for on-site sleeving in many areas. The tubing can be direct-buried underground and also run through concrete slabs. Aqua Shield is continuously line-marked with size; ASTM specification and lot numbers that enable it to be traced back to the origin of manufacture.
Added Corrosion Protection
- Polyethylene coating protects copper from corrosion
- Factory-coating prevents contamination between copper and sleeving
- Polyethylene is one of the most inert plastic materials available
Easy To Install
- Compatible with standard compression fittings and soldering/brazing techniques
- Eliminates need for on-site sleeving in most cases
- Quick installation saves time and labor costs
- Flexible, easy to join, compact
Easy To Identify
- Available in blue for cold water and red for hot
- Continuously line-marked with size and ASTM specification
- Traceable back to origin of manufacture by a lot number printed directly on the coating and the copper tube
Aqua Shield™ tubing is manufactured using copper alloy C12200 and manufactured to all requirements of ASTM B-88. Our product is also approved under NSF-61. Please review our specifications sheet for more detailed information and approval notices in either our plumbing or municipal sections above. For further information and approval listings, please contact us.